> How do I do to delete the message but _keep_ the attachment (without
> manually move/copy it directly from the finder first)? Is this
> possible?

you will need to move the attachment manually from the attachment folder
if you want to keep it but trash the message.

control-click onto the attachment icon > reveal in finder > drag it to
another location

(e.g. 'attachments_to_keep' within the attachment folder or just a level
higher - makes the manual drag step fast and painless).

PM needs to loose the link to the attachment which happens through
manually moving the attachment to another location. now you're save to
trash the email message.

---marlyse