On Sun, Feb 23, 2003, Thomas Thaler said:

>Yes, you got it.
>Thats what I wanted to do.
>I run a filter to kill mails after a certan time but I would like to keep
>the labeled ones.
>Thats what I wnated to do with a filter or with a script.
>
>>Thomas Thaler on 2/22/03 said
>>
>>>About Lables.
>>>Did someone find a way to control them inside filters and/or within apple
>>>scripts and this with Mac OS X?
>>
>>Well, I'm not sure what you are wanting, exactly. But I do use filters
>>and label; filtering on "from." Example: mailing lists, I colorize the
>>developers mail, like on this group those from PowerMail engineering.
>>There may be a more clever way to do it, but I just use two filters: the
>>first for the one I want colorized and UNcheck stop applying filters to
>>this message, the next to send it to the correct folder.
>>
>>Oh - I think I see what you want. Do you mean after the label is applied
>>how you can pull together all the items with a certain label?

Thomas,

Some time ago I wrote a script for Entourage that would "archive flagged
messages". I bet I could probably adapt it to use PowerMail's labels. I
haven't looked in the PowerMail dictionary to see if it's possible. The
other possibility is to create a script that will delete all the
unlabeled messages of a folder. You might have to go with the messages
that don't have a certain label, I'm not sure.

The first script would copy the messages to a subfolder of the message
folder that is called "Archive" or something like that.

Let me know which of these options would work best and when I get some
free time I'll give it a go.

--
Andy Fragen