PowerMail info [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 2/11/03 at 05:17 AM stated:

>Let's hear it from the list, folks; would you prefer:
>
>[A] Integration of the scripts page with other free Web-based PowerMail
>support pages

I like this option, but only if the page gets updated in a timely manner
(something I'm having problems doing, which is why I'm asking for a new
home for them). No offense Jean, but the FAQ on CTM's site remains pretty
outdated.
There are other "dangers" as well. With CTM hosting them would there be
some impression of support for them (unfortunately the answer is yes). It
also might seem that the PM community isn't that big or active is the
company writing the software is also the one hosting the AppleScripts.

>[B] Keep the PowerMail Scripts page hosted on a server outside of the
>PowerMail web site

There are advantages and disadvantages of this one. When Eric's site went
down everybody scoured their hard drives to find scripts they downloaded
from it as we tried to assemble a new home for them. We got lucky and I
think we actually pulled all of them in. Howver, this will not always be
the case, so if we go with this option would CTM be willing to mirror it?
Even if the mirror is more of a backup and not available to the public? I
would hate to see the loss of these scripts. I've written scripts that
I've forgotten about and don't always keep around months later (nor do I
remember exactly how I did certain things).

The plus side of this one is the site can sometimes be more dynamic and
get updated more often.

Anyhow, I will cast my vote for A as long as CTM keeps it updated. It
really would be like providing more service to customers.

Wayne

--
sans la Musique la Vie serait une Erreur
Without music, life would be a serious mistake.

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html

Music Currently playing: