On Aug 16, 2006, at 5:28 PM, Eric Bickford wrote:

> I can confirm that each time my PowerMail crashes, SpamSieve also
> dies/
> quits/disappears. And there is NO SpamSieve.crash.log or SpamSieve
> crash
> reporter. I only get a crash report for PowerMail.

If crash reporting is on (which it sounds like it is) and you don't
get a crash report for SpamSieve, then SpamSieve didn't crash.

> If SpamSieve is not involved, is there any other explanation for why
> SpamSieve would just quit whenever PowerMail crashes?

Yes, SpamSieve has a feature that makes it quit itself when it
notices that your mail program is no longer running:

<http://c-command.com/spamsieve/manual-ah/quit-when-mail-client-q>

--
Michael Tsai                                 <http://c-command.com>