Hi, Digest mode lurker here

I've been using PowerMail for years and thus have a large database.

Am I correct to think if I hold down the four keys and hit option during
start up causing a rebuild, I've created "old" files I can then store
elsewhere that contain everything that's in my current PowerMail vault?
My plan then is to move the results to another area completely, like a
DVD (I am aware that DVDs are not eternal).

If I immediately open PowerMail's folders and select and send to trash
(or delete message immediately) the files I've got stored, am I correct
that I'll end up only with "current files" (those that I've not deleted)
in the database.

In the future, if I want to access the old files I've stored on the DVD,
all I need to do is to move them into the "current PowerMail
folder" (moving out the "then-current" files) and then be able to access
the information.

This is the solution I've envisioned to reduce the size of the storage
files I've created. I wish to continue to be able to access those files
in the future (many are magazine inputs that I may need to access downstream).

Appreciate the advice of this august group.

--
Nick

Anything labeled "New" and/or "Improved" is not:
the label means the price went up.