Having just exported a bunch of messages from last year, I would like
to hear what people here think is the best format to use when exporting
messages from the PM database for archives?

I used the PowerMail Exchange format this time, but wonder if some of
the other options (Unix Mailbox or Netscape/Mozilla) might not be
better. The main reason I used PowerMail Exchange was a desire to have
the archive searchable via Spotlight, since I will be deleting the
messages in my active database shortly.

The PowerMail Exchange format does not appear to have included
attachments, even though the option was selected in the Export dialog.
Having the messages archived in a Spotlight friendly format along with
their attachments (where they still exist) would be very useful, and
would allow me to prune my active database on a regular (anual) basis.

What is the best way to achieve this?
--
Mark Smith, Higashi Osaka, Japan
Mark's Bits & Bobs: <http://www.geocities.jp/pakeman1066/>