Mark Smith wrote:

>The main reason I used PowerMail Exchange was a desire to have
>the archive searchable via Spotlight, since I will be deleting the
>messages in my active database shortly.

The PowerMail Exchange format itself is not searchable via Spotlight
(well, Spotlight will tell you it found something in the exported file,
and that's all). But you can create a separate PowerMail user
environment, and import your archived messages there. The alternate
environment will then be searchable by Spotlight (or by FoxTrot Personal
Search).

>The PowerMail Exchange format does not appear to have included
>attachments

The attachments should have been embedded in the export file, and will
be recreated when you import it to a new PowerMail user environment.

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "This is what an OS X email program should be. I've tried every OS X
    email application I could get my hands on: Apple's Jaguar Mail program,
    Eudora, Entourage, Mailsmith, QuickMail and others. But CTM Development
    definitely got it right with PowerMail 4.1...using Apple's inline spell-
    checker to Apple's OS X Address Book proves the folks in Switzerland
    listen to what PowerMail users want. Thanks."
  PowerMail user comment on www.macupdate.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com