From Marco Piovanelli [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2006-10-11 16.50 (+0200 GMT)

>Yes, PowerMail puts styled text (TEXT + styl) on the clipboard,
>even if it only has to copy plain text.  This may sound strange,
>but it's actually necessary with pre-Unicode text because the
>style part carries text encoding information, without which the
>receiving application wouldn't be able to determine whether the
>original text was Roman, Cyrillic, Japanese, or whatever.
>Remember, ASCII is only good for English text -- you can't properly
>represent French or German with ASCII, let alone non-Roman
>languages.

Yes, of course. My mistake writing "ASCII" as I'm aware of the
limitations of ASCII. What I meant (and should have written) was:
'styled text, other than text encoding information'.

>As for the bug with Tex-Edit Plus you're seeing, this is due
>to additional, WASTE-specific data put on the clipboard by
>PowerMail in a format that chokes Tex-Edit Plus (itself a
>WASTE-based editor).  CTM engineering is taking care of this
>issue as I write.

I'm glad this discussion leads to some improvement of PowerMail.
Thanks for the explanations!

Damienn

The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are
composed entirely of lost airline luggage. - Mark Russell