Lane Roathe said it like this:

>Seems like it might be a good idea to limit the # of emails you can
>reply to in one command to like 5 or 10. (Really, does anyone reply to
>50 emails at once?)

I get the "are you sure" response if I try to open more than 10
messages. Perhaps this should also be made active for responses or other
operations on more than, say 10, messages:
So if you hit "reply" with more than 10 messages selected you get a
dialog stating something like:
"Are you sure you want to reply to ## messages? ("##" Being the number
of messages of course)

PM 5.2.3 Swedish | OS X 10.4.5 | Powerbook G4/400Mhz | 1GB RAM | 30GB HD