We need a definition of "recent mail" and then close the window when that definition is reached. The definition to be user-defined.
"recent" = one day, for some
"recent" = until I tell it to go away, for others
and variations in between.

Paul Collett wrote:
Yes, I'd like to see an option to retain the contents of the recent mail
window after restarting, too.

Paul Collett