I have background indexing turned on and I'm using a relatively quick
machine.  My message database is around 90 Mb, and when I do search PM
can take more than 5 minutes to 'sort and optimize' my database.  For
this reason I don't search very often (perhaps every two or three
days).  Looking in my 'PowerMail Files' folder, I see that the 'Message
Database index' dates from my last major PM upgrade in October 2006 and
carries neither type nor creator (so the Finder doesn't what to use to
open it) .

Is such slowing searching normal?  And, if so, would FoxTrot be equally
slow if I invested in it as a standalone?

-- Charles

PM 5.5.3 - Intel iMac - OS 10.4.8