I have moved over to gmail for current and future emails, but have not
figured out how to get past emails onto a gmail account.

One nice thing is that if you use gmail's smtp server in powermail, your
outgoing email is copied to your gmail out box. And mail sent from the
gmail interface is reflected into your powermail in box. This means that
you have copies of every email sent from either Powermail or gmail in
both places. (Tho the "outgoing" email from gmail is in the PowerMail
"In" box). Trés cool.

PS--Are you sure you want to do this? What if gmail has a hiccup and
drops your mail, where will your backup be?