MaxBulkMailer works fine for me, using a mailing list of 450 or so
addresses for a quarterly newsletter. When you get MBM you also get a
couple of extra tools, an email verifier and a bounce handler, which
saves much of  the manual work.

MBM also allows you to set the number of connections and how many emails
are sent at once, to avoid the spam issue. It's certainly faster than
sending one at a time, and way cheaper than a mail house.

Just my two bob's worth . . .

Graham B