Am/On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:26:15 -0700 schrieb/wrote Alan Harper (by way
of Alan Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>):

>1) Index html emails.

agreed.

>2) For emails that do not have a name in the From field, guess the name
>from the Address Book, and include the guessed name in the index and in
>the "From" column. This way when I am looking for emails from Bruce, I
>don't need to search on "Bruce1954yahoo" or whatever he was using that year!

this would be pretty uncommon.
In this case the subject is filled with <No subject> and this is imho
the correct behaviour.

Maybe an incoming mailfilter could do the rewrite according everyones wishes.

>3) Don't be so eager to check email. When I wake up my laptop, wait a
>few seconds before checking and let the wireless connection come up.

yes, this might also cure one kind of crash I rarely observe.

>4) Give me one error message when you can't get email (because, eg,
>wireless is down). Don't give me one modal dialog for each account! Even
>better, use Growl.

you can switch the dialog off in the preferences.
Growl sounds like a good idea.

>5) Stop random crashes.

I don't see any random crashes.
Crashes I observe are either connected to the IP stack, which stops
responding after the MacBook was asleep or to text encodings in
connection with a strange html mail.

Thanks and all the best

Matthias