powermail-discuss Digest #2942 - Monday, January 19, 2009

  Re: Avoiding the 2GB limit
          by "Jeremy Hughes" <jer...@softpress.com>
  Re: Avoiding the 2GB limit
          by "PowerMail Engineering" <jer...@ctmdev.com>
  Re: 6.0 Crashing
          by "PowerMail Engineering" <jer...@ctmdev.com>
  "automatically access the network..."
          by "Tim Hodgson" <thn...@pobox.com>

Subject: Re: Avoiding the 2GB limit
From: "Jeremy Hughes" <jer...@softpress.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:13:03 +0000

Dave Nathanson (16/1/09, 17:52) said:

>In Apple Mail; click on the mail folder & choose "Rebuild" from the
>MailBox menu.
>
>On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:14 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
>
>> As a test, I've tried exporting a couple of folders in "Mac OS X Mail"
>> format (File/Database/Export). The mailboxes get saved to Library/
>> Mail/
>> Mailboxes, and they show up in Apple Mail in an "On My Mac" section -
>> but Apple Mail fails to display any messages within the mailboxes.

That doesn't seem to help. The messages aren't displayed after "Rebuild"

Has anyone managed to export messages from PowerMail to Apple Mail?

Jeremy

From: "PowerMail Engineering" <jer...@ctmdev.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:19:30 +0100

Jeremy Hughes wrote:

>Has anyone managed to export messages from PowerMail to Apple Mail?

PowerMail 6 can export directly to Mail 3.x.
With PowerMail 5, export to the unix mailbox format, then import in
Mail.app from mbox files

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "Foxtrot is the product that Spotlight could have and should have been
    but isn't. (...) If you are tired of dancin' with Spotlight, it is time
    to do the Foxtrot"
  FoxTrot Personal Search user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch