On 5/30/09, Alan Harper wrote:

>When I turn Growl off in Powermail's preferences I get lots of annoying
>notifications every time new mail arrives. When I turn Growl on, I get
>NO notifications.
>
>For testing purposes, I set Growl preferences for PowerMail to
>
>Notification: New Mail
>Enabled
>Display Style: Default
>Stay on Screen: Always
>Play Sound: Tink
>
>And in PowerMail Preferences I have
>New Mail notification: Display Alert
>Alerts: Use Growl
>
>If change PowerMail Preferences to "Alerts: Display in front of other
>applications" I get the annoying PowerMail alerts.
>
>Is there something I am doing wrong? Does PowerMail play well with Growl?
Yes, it does.

I had Growl deactivated to save a bit of RAM, but I just tried it out
again.  I initially didn't get it to work, but when I quit PowerMail and
restarted it, the Growl notifications worked.

I get two types of Growl new mail notifications:  If only one message is
new, the notification shows the address of the sender.  If multiple new
messages have arrived, the notification shows how many have arrived.

 - Don

--
Don Zahniser
Powerbook G3 (Pismo), 40GB HD (5200 RPM), 768 MB RAM, Mac OS 10.4.11