MB <digital.disc...@gmail.com> wrote (Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:54:25 +0100):

> At the outset of using Gmail in PowerMail on 2 different accounts I
> attempted to download every message for both accounts, which PowerMail
> and the server wisely choose to do in chunks of a few hundred
> messages**. I left them all on the server I think, but I'm not sure
> actually. After many rechecks all messages actually were downloaded on
> one account at least. The other problem-affected account stil haven't
> got all messages even as I set it to redownload every message (currently
> 4000+) at one point.
> (...)
>> I assume there is either a problem with your special settings or
>> somewhere else.
> There's nothing special about them.

You've got thousands of messages on a POP server?
Well, I'd call that special...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that an email client doesn't need to
be able to handle such an amount of messages. It is, in my opinion, a
special case nonetheless which might explain why no one else seems to
have the problem you do.

Kind regards,
Tobias Jung