Hey all,

I'm loath to revive an old and (I thought settled) discussion, but I did
a search of my saved email and can't seem to find the particulars.

What was the final word on the state of PowerMail's handling of text-
wrapping in outbound messages?

I routinely get hell from my colleagues using Mail.app when I try to
send them URLs that get broken across line breaks.  Mail.app does not
respect the angle-bracket convention, so it only sees the first part of
the URL.

It appears that PM sends outbound messages with a "Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable", which should facilitate soft wrapping by
encoding soft EOLs with "=".  However, PM omits the "=" in favour of a
plain CR/LF, which is interpreted as a hard line break.

Why is this?  Is there some rationale in its favour?  It is not obvious
to me how this is at all desirable.

cheers,

-ben

--