T.L. Miller wrote:

>I suspect running Spotlight has really messed up my PowerMail database.
>All was normal, but after I ran Spotlight tonight, it looks like a
>couple years of messages and folders have disappeared. Other messages
>from past years appear as unread.  I do have a back-up from Sunday, but
>I'm wondering if I should avoid running Spotlight.  Any fixes?

I don't know what you mean by "running Spotlight" (Spotlight always indexes
your files in the background), but it should not interfere with PowerMail.
When some messages magically appear, disappear, get read/unread or moved to
another folder, the first thing to verify is that you are not using an
(outdated) backup of your PowerMail files. Select the menu "file / database /
switch user environment", and verify the folder currently selected in the Open
dialog is the one you intend to use, typically on your home's Library/Mail
folder.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "I sleep much better since I don't feel quite as disorganized."
  FoxTrot Professional Search user comment on macupdate.com

         Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch