T.L. Miller wrote:

>Anyway, a copy my PowerMail folder from back then was in the partition.
>I don't think I have lost a single sent or received message.
>
>THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME!!!!!  Sure am grateful, however!

You have certainly "switched" to this database, on the alternate partition,
when using Spotlight, a long time ago. If Spotlight finds a message from
another database, and you open that message, then PowerMail switches to this
database. Then you kept using this database since then.

I don't know exactly how, maybe using Spotlight again, but you switched back to
the database from your boot drive recently, and it was missing all messages
since you stopped using it (2013).

Again, you can see where is stored the currently used database: select the file
/ database / switch user environment, and check which folder is show in the
open dialog. Do you understand what I mean?

And again, to avoid inadvertently switching database again, make sure you have
one and only one database on your usually mounted drives and partitions. As
previously explained, search for files named "Message Database" in the Finder,
and if you find some other than the current one, compress then delete the
folder containing them, and empty the trash.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "Whoa!!! Seriously cool!!!!
    Indeed!! FoxTrot takes Spotlight to another level entirely!!"
  FoxTrot Personal Search user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch