From: Diehl, John [mailto:jadi...@stpegs.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 4:37 PM
To: 'powernet@hpspowernet.org' <powernet@hpspowernet.org>
Cc: Stoutenburg, Stephen <stephen.stoutenb...@vistraenergy.com>
Subject: RE: Question on release of fire extinguishers from RCA

EXTERNAL EMAIL

What is the activity of the 40K? I would think you could release them by direct
frisk. Is there any reasonable way that a fire extinguisher can become
internally contaminated with licensed material? Typical fire extinguishers are
under slight positive pressure even when discharged; I think that it is
unreasonable to do anything more than direct and indirect surveys of the
external surfaces.

You may have to revise the material release procedure to specifically exempt
fire extinguishers to answer any concerns, which might have been expressed.

[NPP]John Diehl, CHP
STPNOC Health Physics
P.O. Box 289
Wadsworth, TX 77483