On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 12:44:43PM -0700, Andre Srinivasan wrote:

> The default configuration for EVENT_DAEMON_START is "ignore".  This
> means that anything not handled by the front end will not be properly
> configured when powersaved starts.  In my case, while the brightness
> is set correctly by kpowersave, the power management of my disk drive
> is not configured to the level specified in the performance schema
> even though I started powersaved when my laptop was on AC power.
>
> To verify the behavior, stop powersaved, hdparm -B 1 /dev/hda, verify
> with hdparm -I /dev/hda, start powersaved, verify with hdparm -I
> /dev/hda.

I think you found a plain bug here...

> Changing EVENT_DAEMON_START to "reread_cpu_capabilities" resolves the
> issue.

..and a work-around that works for you :-)

The daemon should do everything that is needed internally on startup, the
EVENT_DAEMON_START should only be needed if something special is wanted
by the user (at least that is how i understand it :-).

We'll have to investigate this, thanks for the report.
--
Stefan Seyfried                     | "Please, just tell people
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |               to use KDE."