On Feb 18, 2024 at 21:07 +0800, Florian Märkl <open...@florianmaerkl.de>, wrote:
> last time I tried, netsurf from ports worked fairly well.
> It does not support all the latest web standards, but can display simple
> websites.

I tried a few browsers advised earlier in MacRumors OpenBSD thread, and none of
the better ones installed from pkg_add. Netsurf did, but that will be not even
on TFF level.
Not sure what happened, need to check commit history. It is not impossible that
stuff gets broken accidentally just because someone committed without having
ppc in mind :) Casually happens in Macports by the way.
And without PowerPC buildbots we won’t even know something got broken.
> By the way, a huge thanks for your work on MacPorts maintenance for ppc. I am
> an avid user of both Mac OS X with MacPorts and OpenBSD on multiple G5
> machines and find it amazing to see how much is still possible with them!
Since you use G5s,

1. Any change of making ppc64 to work? That would be a deal-breaker.
2. I have issues trying to install OpenBSD on G5 even in 32-bit version for
some reason. It installs, but then freezes after some time, and attempts to
revive it fail (kernel panic, more freezes). After reinstalling three times I
gave up. The machine works perfectly with macOS though.