bismi-lLahi-rRahmani-rRahiem, alhamdu li- lLahi
Rabbi-l'alamien wa- shshalatu wa-ssalamu 'ala asyrafi-
lAnbiyai wa-lMursalien, wa man tabiahu ila yaumi-
ddien. NastaienuHu wa nastaghfiruHu min sayyiati
anfusina wa sayyiati amalina, ma- yyahdli-lLahu
fala mudlillalah wama- yyudlli-lLahu fala hadiyalah.
'amma bad.

a-ssalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu-lLahi wa barakatuH.

saw a post by a brother about a foto from saudi with
excavation.... or else….sounds familiar? I'm sure a
large number of people have received emails / letters
of this sort however when the letter / email has an
Islamic theme to it, we get hooked.

i guess everyone must have heard about neil armstrong
hearing the adzan on the moon and the miracle 9 year
old boy who knows the quran by heart ( this is
correct, when i was in cairo i happened to know him,
may Allah keep him; more than that he knows by heart
the whole bukhari! alhamduli-lLah) and has converted
thousands (or was it millions, this is a hoax) not to
forget the picture of the prophets "dargah". people
keep asking me about them and so I thought perhaps I
ought to list the hoaxes which i have been asked about
as I feel replying to each and every email i receive
about them is a waste of time.

1. neil armstrong converts to Islam. – he is very much
a kafir.

2. michael jackson's brother converts. – someone even
wrote up an interview of him speaking about his
conversion . and incase any of you have heard about
michael jackson embracing Islam, that's not true
either.

3. verses of the Quran on fish / in tomatoes / human
lungs / human heart etc etc.
– people even started passing around pictures of these
miracles.

4. trees in germany with the syahada written on them.
– yes another famous hoax. these trees and the human
lungs were actually paintings by an egyptian.

5. miracle boy aged 9 – this boy is very much around
but he isn't the superman people claimed he was. i
remember people were actually annoyed at me for
sending out an email about this (well most of the
people anyway. some put up my email on the front page
of their website.)
the number of negative feedback i received about this
was amazing.
was shown "proof" from a newspaper clipping.
(i can show you a newspaper clipping which says i am
the emperor of the world, the richest man in the world
etc etc. and so can anyone else who learnt adobe
photoshop)

6. the Quran in your dna – another fake interview
which never took place.

7. Cat Stevens  now Yusuf Islam -- just kidding,
because this ones true alhamduli-lLah

http://www.thetruereligion.com/yusufislam.htm

8. photos of the messenger's tomb – got the shock of
my life when I saw this photo of the prophets "Dargah". even had a
green turban on top of all those "chaadars". on making further
enquiries, those pics were of rumi's tomb which some jokers were
passing around. the barelwis happiness was short-lived.

9. april fool's day – another hoax. it isn't a
celebration of the christian victory over muslim
spain. i suppose someone had a big laugh.

and last but not really the last ( i just remember these)

10. we have to use the word "masjid" instead of "mosque".

just a  reminder….cell phones don't cause petrol pumps
to blow up and deo sprays don't cause cancer.

brother and sister, please don't make our ieman so
weak to search it in on moons and fishes and chain
letters. Allah, the Mighty, the Majestic, has send
down the reminder, the Qur'an and that should be
enough for any Muslim to get his or her miracle from
and if
unfortunately that is not sufficient then there is
some serious flaw in his or her faith and it is better
he or she looks in her heart and not at these
"miracle" to uplift the ieman.

and mark twain once says: "The most outrageous lies
that can be invented will find believers if a person
only tells them with all his might."

these are some sites:
http://www.snopes.com/
http://urbanlegends.about.com/
http://www.ulrc.com.au/
http://science.howstuffworks.com/urban-legend.htm
http://netsquirrel.com/combatkit/
http://urbanlegend.f2o.org/magazine/
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_cul.htm

the best!
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blhoax.htm
http://www.scambusters.org/urban-legends/bananas.html

>From:"najib" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Subject: najib. bitte an die indo.weiterleiten

>Date:    Thu 09/16/04 03:59 PM

>http://www.worth1000.com/view.asp?image=18978

>Assalamu alaikum.

>letztens ging das Bild von einer Ausgrabung rum. Du
>hast es ja kommentiert und gesagt man sole nicht
>drauf vertrauen.
>Also hier der Fake Beweis.
>Wer damit da'wah macht , macht einen Fehler.

>Salam

>>Wer damit da'wah macht , macht einen Fehler.<<

genau das! wir brauchen keine lüge um die wahrheit zu
"verkaufen".

hadana-lLahu wa iyyakum ajma`in, wa-lLahu 'alam
bi-shshawab, wa bi-lLahi-ttaufiq wa-lhidayah
baraka-lLahu fiekum wa shalla-lLahu wa-ssallamuH 'ala
Nabiyyina Muhammad, subhanaka-lLahumma wabihamdiKa
asyhadu alla Ilaha illa Anta, astaghfiruKa wa atubu
ilaiK.

wa ssalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu-lLahi wa-barakatuH.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM

Berdikusi dg Santun & Elegan, dg Semangat Persahabatan. Menuju Indonesia yg Lebih
Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppiindia.shyper.com

3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;
4. Posting: [EMAIL PROTECTED]