http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13229873,00.html

BIGLEY CAGED AND CHAINED

British hostage Ken Bigley has appeared caged, chained and pleading for his life in
new video footage.

In the harrowing recording, shown on the Arab TV channel al Jazeera, Mr Bigley renews
his appeal for Tony Blair to meet the kidnappers' demands and save his life.

He then breaks down in tears as he accuses Mr Blair of ignoring his plight.

"He doesn't care about me. I'm just one..." he says before holding his head in his
hands and sobbing.

He said his captors did not want to kill him.

The family have thanked the captors for allowing them the opportunity to see him alive
and again pleaded with them to show him mercy.

In a statement, the family said: "We, as a family, feel that the ultimate decision to
release him rests with you, the people who are holding him.

"We once again ask you, please show mercy to my father and release him."

Brother Paul said he was relieved that Mr Bigley was alive - but was distressed by the
images.

"Ken is alive, that is a good thing," he said.

"It does not look good with him caged like a hound but he is alive."

He went on to say a message he had received on Tuesday night, claiming that Mr Bigley
would be released, "was 100% genuine".

The report said the Tawhid and Jihad group, headed by Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al
Zarqawi, would release him.

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said he was "concerned" about the conditions Mr Bigley
was being kept in, which appeared to be a gross parody of the cages used to hold the
prisoners at Guantanamo Bay.

 Mr Bigley is chained and caged

But he added that it was also a "great relief" to the Bigley family that the engineer
was alive.

The chairman of the Liverpool Mosque and Islamic Institute, Mohammad Akbar Ali, said
he was delighted at the news.

He said: "This would seem to offer some further hope that he will be released alive.

"Let's hope that it is true. We look forward to his release with great delight."

Mr Bigley was kidnapped in Baghdad on September 16 with two Americans, Eugene
Armstrong and Jack Hensley, both of whom were murdered.

But the website message claimed the terrorists were going to free the 62-year-old in
order to "humiliate" the British Government.

However, analysts urged caution over the report, pointing out that other claims made
on Islamic websites had turned out to be completely false.

One report said two Italian aid workers had been "slaughtered" - but it emeged last
night that they had been freed.

There has been no firm news of his fate since his abductors, led by Abu Musab al
Zarqawi, released a distressing video of him pleading for Prime Minister Tony Blair to
save his life last week.

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM

Berdikusi dg Santun & Elegan, dg Semangat Persahabatan. Menuju Indonesia yg Lebih
Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppiindia.shyper.com

3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;
4. Posting: [EMAIL PROTECTED]