--- Jepp Sartori <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> IS INJUSTICE THE ROOT OF TERRORISM?
>
> Many Indonesians believe that the root of terrorism
> is injustice done by the Super Power. The cliche
> accusation towards US is its double standard towards
> other countries, especially the muslim countries.
>
> I just want to say that the root of terrorism is non
> injustice, but the human attitude of certain people
> towards others. When people easily accuses others as
> the pagan and "kafirun", then, I think the root of
> terrorism is there.

If I'm moslem, and you're not-muslim, it doesn't mean
we have to kill (or terrorize) each other. We're just
have different religions...that's all. No more no
less.

> If we analyse further, the root will be discovered
> in the tradition. In the Islamic traditions, the
> trace of using violence against the enemy is very
> common.

ENEMY is not people of other faith. Enemies are those
who do harm to humanity. If someone want to rob you,
to kill you, to rape your sister, etc... you have all
the rights to confront them. It's natural and even
stated in law (US law, etc.)

Even in the Islamic school it is still being
> taught to hate those who are against Islam.

In another words, you said, some others hate Islam
first and against Islam...

Even,
> sometimes, we can find easily in the muslim
> magazines or websites which promote Islam as the
> religion of mere obedience. Consequently, the
> religious education for this radical muslims is
> merely a type of indoctrination. Islam becomes a
> religion of fear, and not religion of peace.

Be specific... what magazines? ... In every religion,
in every community, there always parts who are
"different" from mainstream... The fact: the biggest
Moslem organisations in Indonesia -- with millions
members-- are Muhammadiyah (mostly urban) and NU
(mostly rural). Both are moderate and nationalist.

> The hope of the world on Mr. Yudhoyono's shoulder is
> to bring the peaceful image of Islam by uprooting
> every kind of terrorism within Indonesia. With the
> support of the world, especially US and Australia, I
> am sure Mr. Yudhoyono can do this mission. All
> Indonesian people should support him in this for the
> sake of Indonesia's prosperity. There should not be
> compromise in fighting terrorism. Hatred against the
> Western countries that is flourishing in the muslim
> communities only prolongs the misery for the
> Indonesian people, especially those living in the
> rural areas.
>
> Soa, what I would say here is just that the root of
> terrorism is not injustice but poverty in all
> aspects: in the education, in understanding the
> religion and its holy scripture of Koran, in the
> economy, and in culture. Don't let this root get
> stronger.

Have you ever heard about "kemiskinan-struktural"? The
poverty, lack of education, misery, ...etc is not come
from heaven. When you give more money to the richs and
give less money to the poors, it's an injustice. It's
idelogical, it's by design. When your soldiers occupy
other country without their consent, etc... it's
injustice....etc...

> I am sure the Indonesian muslims will develop their
> understanding of Islam. With the efforts of Jaringan
> Islam Liberal which promotes the peaceful Islam,
> the Indonesian muslims will build a new image of
> Islam in the world. When religion is more human, it
> will become more divine. How can we contradict
> ourselves in believing One God while we hate others?
>

> God bless Mr. Yudhoyono and the Indonesian people!
>
> Jepp

> removed]

http://vote.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM

Berdikusi dg Santun & Elegan, dg Semangat Persahabatan. Menuju Indonesia yg Lebih
Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppiindia.shyper.com

3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;
4. Posting: [EMAIL PROTECTED]