Baru ditinggalin beberapa hari, kenapa milis ini bisa jadi seromantis
ini yach?

Hoii.. emangnya 'cinta' itu apa yach?!

--- In ppiindia@yahoogroups.com, "RM Danardono HADINOTO"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In ppiindia@yahoogroups.com, "Listy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Jangan pernah katakan cinta
> >             Jika kamu tidak pernah peduli
>
> -------------
>

> DH: The best of all kind of love, is the universal love, or metta:
>
> One loves all beings:
>
> (a) by the non-harassment of all beings and thus avoids harassment;
> (b) by being inoffensive (to all beings) and thus avoids
> offensiveness;
>
> (c) by not torturing (all beings) and thus avoids torturing;
>
> (d) by the non-destruction (of all life) and thus avoids
> destructiveness;
>
> (e) by being non-vexing (to all beings) and thus avoids vexing;
>
> (f) by projecting the thought, "May all beings be friendly and not
> hostile";
>
> (g) by projecting the thought," May all beings be happy and not
> unhappy";
>
> (h) by projecting the thought, "May all beings enjoy well-being and
> not be distressed."
>
> In these eight ways one loves all beings; therefore, it is called
> universal love. And since one conceives (within) this quality (of
> love), it is of the mind. And since this mind is free from all
> thoughts of ill-will, the aggregate of love, mind and freedom is
> defined as universal love leading to freedom of mind.
>
> From the above passage it will be seen that metta implies
> the "outgrowing" of negative traits by actively putting into
practice
> the correlative positive virtues.
>
> It is only when one actively practices non-harassment towards all
> beings that one can outgrow the tendency to harass others.
Similarly,
> it is with the other qualities of inoffensiveness, non-tormenting,
> non-destroying and non-vexing in deed, word and thought that one
can
> outgrow the negative traits of being offensive, of tormenting
others,
> of destructiveness and of vexatiousness.
>
> Over and above such positive conduct and principled way of life,
one
> further cultivates the mind through that specific technique of
> meditation called metta-bhavana, which generates powerful thoughts
of
> spiritualized love that grow boundless, making consciousness itself
> infinite and universal.
>
> Thoughts that wish all beings to be friendly and never hostile,
happy
> and never unhappy, to enjoy well-being and never be distressed,
imply
> not only sublimity and boundlessness, but also utter freedom of
mind.
> Hence the appropriateness of the expression "universal love leading
> to freedom of mind."
>
> As for the meanings of the five aspects opposed by metta,
harassment
> is the desire to oppress or damage; offensiveness is the tendency
> hurt or injure; torturing is a synonym of the sadistic tendency to
> torment, subjecting others to pain or misery; destructiveness is to
> put an end to or to finish, the trait of the extremist and the
> iconoclast; vexing is to tax, trouble or cause others worry and
> strain. Each of these tendencies is rooted in antipathy and
> malevolence, and provides a contrast with metta, both as a mode of
> conduct and as a psychological state or attitude of mind.
>
> --------
> The real love doesn't ask for itself.
>
> And it is the strongest power in our universe.
>

> Salam dalam dharma
>
> danardono

Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4F6XtA/_WnJAA/E2hLAA/BRUplB/TM

Lebih Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppi-india.org

3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;