Steffen Neumann writes:
 > I'd like to compare the two for "identity",
 > something along the lines of \pageref{}:
 >
 >      \ifthenelse{ \equal {startofpage\roman{foilnumber}}
 >                             {endofpage\roman{foilnumber}} }
 >      {
 >          \hspace{4em} % Display nothing
 >      }{
 >          % display links to first and last build respectively:
 >          \toplink{startofpage\roman{foilnumber}}{first}\hspace{1em}%
 >          \hyperlink{endofpage\roman{foilnumber}}{last }\hspace{1em}%
 >      }
 >
 > Is there anything I can do?

Unfortunately I do not see a chance to achieve this.
While the document is formatted there is only _one_ page and any
hyperlinks can go only to this page. This means that a comparison of
the link targets would not be able to result in a difference.
Only after post processing the links go to different pages.
A solution isn't that simple.

Sorry,
        Klaus
--
        Klaus Guntermann        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        FG Systemprogrammierung, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt