Jacky Goyon writes:
 > But with exm2.tex , ppower4 gave me this error on exm2.pdf:
 > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String
 >         at com.etymon.pj.PdfParser.parse(PdfParser.java:353)
 >         at com.etymon.pj.PdfParser.getObjects(PdfParser.java:41)
 >         at com.etymon.pj.Pdf.readFromFile(Pdf.java:789)
 >         at com.etymon.pj.Pdf.<init>(Pdf.java:53)
 >         at de.tu_darmstadt.sp.pp4.PP4Pages.work(PP4Pages.java:718)
 >         at de.tu_darmstadt.sp.pp4.PPower4.main(PPower4.java:174)
 > and produce no output.

I cannot reproduce your problem with pp4.jar (0.8.4) and Java 1.3.1,
but would recommend to switch to the beta version nevertheless (don't
forget to get the new pause.sty, too).

 > by commenting off some lines I saw that what cause this error is  hyperref
 > package
 > Even if I just let \usepackage{hyperref} and comment the lines using
 > hyperref commands
 > I have tried to change the position of this line but without any succes ...
 > I have a recent version of hyperref package

Which version?
I tried with version 2002/06/06 v6.72s and did not see the problem.

I would prefer to continue this discussion off-list, if at all necessary.

        Klaus
--
        Klaus Guntermann        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        FG Systemprogrammierung, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt