18/11/2009, "Tobias Koeck" <tobias.ko...@gmail.com> napisaƂ/a:

>As far as I know George Woltman doesn't want that.
>
>IMHO Linux is more reliable and sustainable on the long run anyway but ...
>
>Greetings
>Tobias
>
>Raymond Fung wrote:
>> If "reliability" is important, why not move to Linux !!! It is rock
>> solid. I have run my web servers on Linux and migrate my desktop OS to
>> Linux for more than 7 years without any reliability problem.
>>
>> So, web server software :
>> 1. Fedora 11 Linux X86_64 : free of charge
>>
>> DB software :
>> 2. PostgreSQL or MySQL Cluster : free of charge
>>
>> You can save the still 1,000+ software license charge for even better
>> hardware. Both PostgreSQL and MySQL performs much better than MS SQL.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Raymond.

IMHO:
1.  Linux systems are more stable than any MS Win.
2.  It has been changed recently, but still reboots after upgrading are
more frequent under Win Vista than under Linux (I'm using Fedora).
3. Security aspects in Linux/UNIX systems are much better (maybe not so
many hackers attack UNIX systems?).
4. ANY Win system needs a lot of CPU, memory (ROM and HDD) just for
itself.
5. UNIX/Linux system is a `natural environment' for net applications.

Wojtek Florek/wsf