Weekend Primetime on AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC

AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC
WEEKEND PRIMETIME NEWSLETTER
Friday April 26th- Sunday April 28th, 2002

***HIGHLIGHTS***

        We have a weekend filled with many of the programs we know you all love,
combining crime and mystery and science, including some of the programs from our
"CORONER" series.  Check out the details below.  But first, we want to tell you about
an MSNBC SPECIAL that we think is terrific (if you pick up this week's issue you'll
see that TV GUIDE thinks so too!)  It's called "ALZHEIMER'S: MY MOM, OUR JOURNEY" and
is set to air on Sunday at 10pm ET.  The program is hosted by David Hyde Pierce, who
plays Niles Crane on "Frasier" and chronicles the life of a middle aged woman who has
been struck with an early onset form of the disease.  In her mid-50s she is unable to
dress herself or tie her shoes.  Her brain doesn't allow her to remember how to make a
telephone call or what the watch on her wrist is used for.  To be frank, her story is
heart-breaking, but eye-opening-- millions of American families are fighting a similar
struggle trying to help their loved ones suffering with Alzheimer's.  We hope you will
join us for this fabulous program.

        We're also premiering two other documentaries on AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL, "THE
MYSTERY OF THE BOSTON STRANGLER" and "NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: MOCHE MURDER
MYSTERIES"-- two "whodunits" to add to your weekend viewing.

FRIDAY, APRIL 26
6PM
THE ABRAMS REPORT
Did Miss Cleo of the Psychic Phone Line predict that she'd be sued for ripping off
customers? Find out how she plans to defend her case in Florida when her lawyer, Bill
Cone answers tough questions from MSNBC's Dan Abrams.

7PM
HARDBALL WITH CHRIS MATTHEWS
Saddam Hussein ...A revealing look at the mysterious man leading Iraq... Chris
Matthews plays Hardball tonight.

8PM ET
THE NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
"The Osbournes"... America CAN'T get enough of it.  Tonight, Brian Williams looks at
this newest trend in reality TV to find out why it is so wildly popular, and what it
might say about our culture.

9PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DEATH ON THE STREET
Did you know the Los Angeles County Coroner's Department has its own gift shop?  No
kidding, the shop's called 'Skeletons in the Closet' and their motto is "we're dying
for your business."  It's like a punch line to a really bad joke, but it's true, we
swear.  They sell t-shirts, mugs, even novelty body bags and toe tags!  We did a whole
series of shows with these people... we can't even begin to tell you how BIZARRE and
AND FASCINATING their work can be.  Check out this episode where we tag along with the
coroner's investigators who are trying to identify victims in a series of gang related
shootings.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DEATH SCENE INVESTIGATORS
Here's another little coroner tidbit for you: experienced field investigators in the
LA County Coroner's Department can make $50,000 a year... pathologists make about
twice that amount.  Not bad, huh?  Maybe that's why so many smart and interesting
people go into that line of work?  Forget what you THINK you know about these men and
women.  They LOVE what they do, and we're pretty sure that even the wimpiest among you
will find their work fascinating.

SATURDAY, APRIL 27

8PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CRIME SCENE DETECTIVES
Remember Dr. Quincy?  He could solve almost any murder mystery in that basement lab of
his.  The forensic scientists in this program are the real life version...showing us
how they ID killers with a single bite mark, and use insects to figure out when
someone died.  OK, it can be a little gross.  But it's cool.  And no one said learning
was easy!

9PM
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: DIAGNOSIS MURDER
It's a bite mark that ultimately helps wrap up this murder mystery, but in the end
could the clues really lead police to their captain?  After a well-respected doctor is
murdered, a videotape, an audio tape and a bite mark lead to her ex-husband, a cop.
But this is anything but an open and shut case.

10PM ET
***MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MYSTERY OF THE BOSTON STRANGLER***       PREMIERE
This case is synonymous with "murder mystery."  An unprecedented murder spree
terrorized Boston four decades ago.  It ended with one man's confession... or did it?
Now, there are new developments and new questions about whether the real killer is
still out there.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MISSING OR MURDERED
It is a haunting mystery.  No body.  No weapon.  No arrests.  There's no real physical
evidence a crime was committed-- just the gut feeling of a woman who is convinced her
sister's disappearance is suspicious.  Strangely, she meets another woman who is in
the exact same position.  We follow along with the two of them as they try to find
clues to help police crack these cases.

SUNDAY APRIL 28
8-10PM ET
***NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: MOCHE MURDER MYSTERY***        PREMIERE
A discovery of mass graves at an ancient Peruvian temple complex lead anthropologists
to try to solve a 2000 year old mystery of gruesome proportions.  Was it cold-blooded
murder by the Moche warriors of their enemies?  Or was it a sacrifice of their own
people in an attempt to appease the gods?

10PM ET
***MSNBC SPECIAL: ALZHEIMER'S: MY MOM, OUR JOURNEY***   PREMIERE
David Hyde Pierce, who plays Niles Crane on "Frasier" is getting ready for a big day
next week.  That's when he'll go to Capitol Hill to lobby for more funding for
research to battle Alzheimer's, the disease that took the life of Pierce's
grandfather.  On Sunday, he hosts our special, the story of a woman in her 50s who has
been diagnosed with an early-onset for of the disease.  Her story is told by her
daughter, a journalist, who has captured on camera some of the most difficult
struggles for her whole family.  If you only have an hour this weekend to watch
television... this is the program to see.

**For the latest in the schedule go to: www.prime.msnbc.com

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22