context: i'm diving deeper into scheme for the first time in my life...

and i have to say that i used to have this impression throughout the
years i was hacking CL that scheme is a more cleaned up lisp, that
it's more thought out than CL. but i don't think that anymore. it's
simply leaner, but it's worse at some key parts (and it's not even due
to hard compromises, it's simply not designed well at some parts).

one example, that initiated this venting, is the API of WITH-EXCEPTION-HANDLER.

i don't want to get too deep into this, i just want to express a
glimpse of contrary opinion that i have never met thoughout my years
of lisp hacking:

scheme is not a cleaned up CL. it's just another dialect.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39