Leland Jackson wrote:

Hi Leland!

I think it is encouraging. I have a friend who could benefit from advances in this kind of medicine.

Regards,

Pete
Yes, that was on the evening news tonight, which specifically indicated the brain couldn't heal when the condition of the wounded individual was "persistent vegetative state". In order for the rewiring of the brain to occur, the person must have at least some minimal state of consciousness.

Wallis was 19 when he suffered a traumatic brain injury that left him briefly in a coma and then in a minimally conscious state, in which he was awake but uncommunicative other than occasional nods and grunts, for more than 19 years.