From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Dave Crozier
Sent: 19 July 2006 14:37
To: 'ProFox Email List'
Subject: Problems Connecting to M$SQLExpress

Anyone out there got details on connecting to SQLExpress with VFP9?

I have created a database and can see it on my local machine via the M$ SQL
Server Management program. Gave allowed remote logins on administrator (sa)
and can't seem to be able to construct a valid DSNLess connection string:

My latest attempt is:

cConnect="'Provider=SQLOLEDB.1; " ;
                        +"Data Source=.\SQLExpress; " ;
                        +"trusted_connection=false; ";
                        +"Initial Catalog=Flexispec; " ;
                        +"User Id=sa; " ;
                        +"Password=sa"

If I try and create a connection within the VFP DBC I get two possible
choices "SQL Server" and "SQL Native Client", both of which don't seem to
work either so I guess there is little hope with a DSNless attempt!

I know I should never have been talked into this, but we have a requirement
to link PDA's into SQLExpress to do auto replication whilst cradled (which
I've got working fine) but now I need to feed stuff out of VFP into the
SQLExpress database for onward upload to the PDA's

MySQL and the standard ODBC is MUCH MUCH simpler!

Dave Crozier
 The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and to lie
about your age