On 7/19/06, Dave Crozier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If I try and create a connection within the VFP DBC I get two possible
choices "SQL Server" and "SQL Native Client", both of which don't seem to
work either so I guess there is little hope with a DSNless attempt!

You may want to try to make a DSN connection first. If that works, you
can use VFP's internal functions to let you know what IT is using
internally as a connectionstring:

liHandle = SQLConnect("YourDSNName")
? SQLGetProp(liHandle, "ConnectString")

(from memory, may need a bit of debugging)

I know I should never have been talked into this,

what we do for money...

MySQL and the standard ODBC is MUCH MUCH simpler!

Well, sure!

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC