> > The VFP9 doc is pretty clear, so I think it's worth a try unless
> > there's a better suggestion (then "do it in .NET", of course <g>).
> >
> > Note the doc says: "For .exe and .dll file servers, Visual FoxPro
> > supports only configuration files that are bound inside the server.
>
> Bill the thread is to Create a WS.  Seems that VFP &
> Server2003 don't work well together.

We can take "seems that" as definitive or figure out and either solve or
work around the problems one at a time. I'm not working with WS or would
look closer myself, but I have done VFP DLL's under earlier servers and
the code I used works as advertised. The VFP9 help doesn't distinguish
between how COM servers are launched, so I (perhaps incorrectly) assume
there is no difference.

> Doing it in .NET is pretty simple, and the sig of the
> requestor says .NET developer.  Go figure why I said to do it there.

Be that as it may, the question wasn't posed to a .NET group, it was
asked of a VFP group. I'll take that as a hint that a VFP solution is
being sought and that the solution might be helpful to others who are
using VFP. We are interested in getting the most out of, if not
advancing, VFP, are we not?

Bill