Pete,

> No, they are not in conflict at all. This is why I can hardly believe
> that you don't believe the Word of God. Have you some reason to not
> believe in the Word, "Got" notwithstanding?

I don't believe that the text we have today is the complete word that God
wanted us to hear. The first 5 books of the Hebrew Torah were written by
Moses and were never intended to be treated as a factual history of the
world. I believe they are an allegory, and since that's what the Hebrews
themselves think I certainly don't think I'm off-base in that view. I
understand that the young fundamentalist churches do not choose to view it
the same way, but that is not a view held by religious groups older than,
say, 200 years of age.

Fundamentalists tend to be zealots of young religious groups. They tend to
have studied less, and have teachers without a full grounding in the history
of the texts used for preaching. So no, I don't subscribe to the views that
fundamentalists preach. I never have. It just made no sense to me, even when
I was a child.

Why on earth would God punish a person in hell fire for eternity because
they didn't say a prayer just before getting hit by a bus? That just doesn't
make any sense to me. I wouldn't even do that to a rattlesnake. God gave me
a brain and I will use it, thank you very much.

- Kris
www.shamrocktrails.com, www.mcstyles.com, www.emryldlife.com