Bill Anderson wrote:

Google Revealed: The IT Strategy That Makes It Work

<http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=L23HLZAEIVRZYQSNDLPCKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=192300292&queryText=google+revealed>

<http://tinyurl.com/krxj5>

Liked this one:

[He then takes a jab at CIOs--which he describes as a title used by "old-world companies"--at other companies. "Most people in my job try to control. 'Here are the three things you can buy.'" Merrill explains. "I try to control as a little as I possibly can but make it easy to work within parameters that I know how to work with."]

I worked for a company in the past where they brought in a CIO....and many swear it was just so they could say that they had a CIO. I'm not sure that he did anything better than the former IT manager was doing, except fluff and arrogance. <g>

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC