John,

> Ok Kris, so where's the link to the pictures of the project
> in it's current
> state?  Do you have a webcam up on the property?

Good question. We have a few photos up, but there's a couple hundred more to
post that aren't there yet. I was working excessive hours until 9/15, then
went to a conference last week to "kick off" my new start as an independent,
and am transferring files to a new computer right now. I should finally have
all the photos up in the next day or two. The link to the ones that are
there and the new ones that will be coming up is
www.shamrocktrails.com/ranch/house/

Right now, we have all the basement walls up but the framing hasn't started
yet. There is one more grout pour on the block wall remaining, and a section
of wall has to be cut back that was built too far forward by 6". We should
be framing finally next week.

The house is a 2 1/2 story Lindal cedar home with a basement. And the
seismic requirements for the basement were interesting to say the least. :-)

I haven't put up a webcam yet. The thing that is stopping me is getting
continuous power to it for a reasonable price since the home site is 300'
from our camp site.

Kristyne McDaniel
www.mcstyles.com
www.shamrocktrails.com