So a man man comes onto an island and has a shooting spree for 90 minutes and
nobody has a gun to shoot him.  I guess those 90 people were safer without
owning a gun.

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Hill <paulroberth...@gmail.com>
To: ProFox Email List <profox@leafe.com>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 4:25 AM
Subject: Re: [OT] Unarmed Police

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Michael Madigan <mmadi10...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why would you want unarmed police when the terrorists are armed to the teeth?

Because a gun is no use against a bomb.
Because sometimes police shoot innocent people.
Because armed police promote encourage armed criminals.

But, then again I live in a country where the populous don't have a
fanatical obsession with firearms.

Total firearm-related death rate per 100,000 per year:
United States 15.22
England/Wales 0.46

(from wikipedia, so usual caveats apply)

--
Paul

http://leafe.com/archives/byMID/profox/cadwx0+lnfjpaztdxfbg0ouqfzgynguods9xu9nna0qdxfjn...@mail.gmail.com