On 06/08/2011 03:31 p.m., Alan Bourke wrote:
> Nope, sorry. Google this problem. Nobody has it, because people tend to
> pay attention when doing this sort of thing. If this guy didn't know
> enough to pay close attention when installing an operating system, or
> *did know enough but just didn't bother, then I have no sympathy. And if
> you are condemning an entire OS on the basis of this then you're a hard
> guy to please.

Hi, I beg to disagree. The password is never shown (asterisks), you
don't have an option to see it, so why would you work with keyboard
settings at all? Just take whatever the keyboard sends in the default
set (previous to installing your selected setting) and get done with it.
I'm not condemning the whole system, just wondering on how much common
sense do w7 have.

A user once complained that a program let him introduce a string in a
date field, and if he did this by mistake the system would crash. The
developer's answer was "Users are not 'supposed' to introduce strings in
a date field", your argument reminded me of him.

Many people have this problem (you said "nobody has it"). If you google
properly you'll notice a lot of people complaining they cannot enter
their w7 system. One of them said his 7 y.o. kid changed the keyboard
setting and turned down the computer and now he couldn't access to his
system. Just check it out, I spent a couple of hours googling.

> Anyway, my Windows 7 has a language option button on the top left of the
> logon screen - was that there for you?

Not that I noticed. Next time I have access to that machine I'll check
it out.