On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Dave Crozier <da...@flexipol.co.uk> wrote:
> Rick,
> I assume that the comment "... every time there is a ungracefull shit down of
> the app" was unintentional, even though it does describe the event
> perfectly!!! *grin*
>
> Yes, after many years working on Mainframe EDI systems in the 80's I just got
> totally p*ssed off with the constant changes in the specifications and the
> ways in which every customer ended up with bespoke systems. It seems to me
> that there are about 4 main players in EDI that control the strings, each
> using slightly different standards that really screw developers around.
>
> You would think that after all this time a better set of universal standards
> could be developed.... however it probably isn't in a few company's financial
> interests that the standards are set.

My partners are pretty consistent today.  Probably because they are
all using a standard app that does the layout for them instead of
rolling their own.  Mine are just starting to come on line and most
have SAP as the ERP system.

My niche is mfg and we sell components to the food industry for
containers to hold the finished product.

--
Stephen Russell

901.246-0159 cell