Thanks guys,

I knew about "save to memo mymemofield all like myarray" but I hadn't
found the acopy() function.  When one searches for array functions in the
help system acopy() does not show up.  It doesn't show up in the "see
also" sections at the bottoms of the array functions I consulted.  I
checked further and some functions do include acopy().

Now I'm wondering if one could test for equality on two arrays by
comparing memo fields with the arrays in them.

I'm also still wondering about the possibility of hijacking some space in
the header of a dbf file.  I'll research both questions and report unless
someone answers first.

Thanks again - Joe