On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Ted Roche <tedro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Jerry Wolper <jwol...@swanzoco.com> wrote:
>>
>> As always, there are tradeoffs. It can be nice to wander over to a co-
>> worker and bounce ideas off him or her. And working at home (as John
>> mentioned) can be far from distraction-free.
>
> Offices are gumption traps, too! What are you doing to do when you win
> MegaBucks? Have you got your NCAA brackets in? We're passing the hat
> to send Sally flowers. Phones ring, intercoms blare.

cell phones, ringing or vibrating.... Mr. Negative.... people coming
and going.... gossip....

one of our 20+ year industry veterans whom you'd think was beyond the
wiz-bang factor of being around computers, has an audible alert "Read
your mail! Read your mail!!" that goes off every single bloody time he
gets a new email, and he gets a LOT of emails....

I'd work at home in a heartbeat..

--
Matt Jarvis
Eugene, Oregon USA