De: profox-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] En nombre de
Paul McNett
Enviado el: martes, 08 de mayo de 2012 20:26
Para: profox@leafe.com
Asunto: Re: DBF Synchronization

On 5/7/12 2:39 PM, MB Software Solutions, LLC wrote:
> Good points, but begs the question:  is this a 1-way synch or 2-way?  In
> other words, are changes on the laptop only going to the server, or is
> it possible for server changes to be newer than the laptop and thus you
> go that direction (from server to laptop db)?  If you have the date/time
> stamping like Stephen said, it helps make this possible.

I have five things to offer as requirements for true 2-way synchronization
between
any number of clients:

1) all timestamps stored in UTC (duh).
2) all clients sync with ntp server regularly to avoid time drift
3) UUID primary keys generated on the client side
4) transaction log kept on server and on client for use in the 2-way sync
5) syncing a client to a server should block other clients from syncing at
the same time

Paul