Yes, there are two versions:  The 'stripped down' Win-RT-only version running
on an ARM Processor, and the "Professional" version running full windows 8 on
an Intel platform.    Last time I checked the full version of Windows 8 will
run VFP, although I haven't done any really exhaustive tests..

I've been watching the whole Windows-8/slate PC story for a while.  I find it
quite intriguing, and can see where I might have a use for such a devices from
time to time.   But not yet interesting enough for me to run right out and buy
one, at least not right now.   They are still for the most part vapor-hardware,
and the few slates that are on the market right now aren't ready for prime time
yet (like the Samsung slate available at the Microsoft store, nice but it only
4 touch points rather than the 10 that Win8 supports).

With Win-RT/Metro Microsoft has the chance to do what they have wanted to do
for years: drop some of the backwards compatibility "stuff" that has
accumulated in Windows since version 3.0.   Maybe not a completely clean slate
(no pun intended), but still a chance to 'clean things up' if you will.
Getting it to run on a different hardware platform (ARM) is a plus for them,
too.   It is not quite the level of control of the hardware and software that
Apple enjoys, but closer than what they have now.  Whether that is good or bad,
time will tell.

.. and what about the OEM's?  Dell, Asus, HP, ... etc.   They'll be paying M$
for WinRT/Win8 and passing that cost along to the consumer as they have done
for years, where M$ isn't going to charge itself.   They'll have to sell enough
units to make up for the license sales they won't be selling to the OEM's.
Will be interesting to see if they do or not, Microsoft has a history of losing
money on hardware (think xBox).   I'd be a little concerned if I had a lot of
Dell stock...

But first they have to get these units to market, and show that this new
paradigm will work.  Unlike most 'users', folks like us need a computer that
does more than share pictures on facebook and surf the web.  The vague "when
windows 8 ships " certainly isn't what I want to hear, but I get that they
don't want to ship these units with Windows 7 and deal with updates to 8 a
month later.   But why the 3-month delay in shipping the units most people will
really want?   And of course we're still waiting for a price - giving M$ time
to gauge the market response and see what they can get away with charging....

Lou