*  -----Original Message-----
*  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*  [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Arnold
*  Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:54 PM
*  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*  Subject: RE: Foxtask.fpt is invalid - VFP9Sp1 within WinXPProSp2
*
*
*  It's the table for the VFP tasklist app. Presumably you're
*  not using the tasklist app so don't care about it's
*  contents. This being the case, you might try things like
*  restoring foxtask.dbf and .fpt from a backup; clearing the
*  references to the Foxtask table and taskslist in
*  tools->options->file locations, or renaming both the foxtask.dbf and
*  .fpt files in your vfp9 folder, to make them invisible to
*  VFP, and see how VFP helps when they are missing (versus
*  corrupt) - it might give you a useful prompt.
*
*  Remember that when you change options you have to click "set
*  as default"
*  to have the changed options saved in your registry (and
*  therefore permanent changes).
*
*  If you fix this problem and then see other similar problems
*  involving VFP's own tables in the VFP  install folder, you
*  might consider re-installing - depending on how painful that
*  would be - but something got corrupted there somehow,
*  hopefully just that one file.
*
*
*  Bill
*
*
*
*  >
*  > Can someone help?
*  >
*  > I have lately been getting this error message and would
*  like to know
*  > if there is a way to recreate the file.  Would anyone on
*  this list be
*  > able to tell me how to do this, or otherwise remove the
*  reference to
*  > it, if it's inconsequential?  This is the error message:
*  >
*  > "Memo file c:\program files\microsoft visual foxpro
*  9\foxtask.fpt is
*  > missing or is invalid."
*  >
*  > I have not started full development, on this new program
*  but as I set
*  > the message crops up when I try to do a number of development
*  > settings, like "add"ing my baselib.vcx class library into
*  the Classes
*  > tab in the Project Manager, or even registering the
*  classlib under the
*  > VFP "Tools/options/controls" Visual class libraries.
*  >
*  > I hope a re-install of VFP9Sp1 is not necessary, though I'm not
*  > adverse to it. :(
*  >
*  > Pablo
*