From: profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com]
On Behalf Of Jeff Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:18 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: [NF] Network Question

On 07/17/2012 01:51 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Jeff Johnson<j...@san-dc.com>  wrote:
>
>> I have a customer that has two computers hooked up to Ring Central.
> Is that like "The One Ring To Rule Them All?"
>
> Or is that just your local ISP?
>
> Is there a reason why they have separate connections?
>
>> They have separate connections to the Internet and separate IP
>> addresses.  I do not know if they are static or dynamic.  The
question
>> is, can I network those two computers together so they can share
files?
>> Possibly using additional network cards and a router?
> If they are close to each other, there's no reason why you can't have
> a single connection to the internet go into a router/firewall
> appliance, then both computers connect to the router and through the
> router to each other.
Ted:  Ring Central is a VOIP service and each phone requires a separate
external visible IP address.  If it were connected to a router then both

phones would ring and their separation would be disabled.  Wouldn't be
my choice of set ups but the customer really likes it that way.  I am
guessing that I can put an additional card in each computer and connect
them to a router and they will talk to each other.  I am also guessing
that the router does not need to be connected to the Internet.  Am I
"warm?"

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff Johnson