Every now and then I get a request from a member of this list who wants
to show their appreciation for my time keeping this list running by sending me
some money. As much as I've appreciated such offers, I always turn them down.

        Today, though, I am asking for money, but not for me. It's for the
fight against Cystic Fibrosis.

        Some of you who know me know that I am a cyclist. Recently I met some
people at Rackspace who are participating in the CF Cycle For Life ride to
raise money to help find a cure for CF. There is a fellow Racker who has CF and
is also going to be doing the ride, so when they asked me to join them, I
really couldn't refuse.

        I'm committing to do a 70 mile ride. Donations are not based on the
ride length, though; it's not "$x per mile" or anything like that. Instead,
they are asking for simple donations in my name that will go to help fund the
search for a cure for CF.

        So if you've gotten value out of this list, and you are in a position
to donate a few dollars, please go to http://www.cff.org/LWC/EdLeafe and click
the "Click to Donate" button. $5 would be great; $10 even better, and $20 would
be awesome! The ride is in a week, so I'm starting this fundraising pretty
late, but I'm hoping that my ProFox friends will help me support this worthy
cause.

        And I promise not to send any more of these appeals for money – at
least not until next year's MS150 mile ride to raise money for research on
Multiple Sclerosis! ;-)

-- Ed Leafe