From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of GaryT
Sent: 13 November 2012 16:22
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: Re: VFP Metro Interface

Reminds me of many years ago, well, not THAT many really, we used to point to a
certain development tool and say "I could write that using VFP".  Trouble is,
the old memory is getting so bad these days I can't remember what program it
was. :-)  Might have been a Borland product.
So many have come and gone... and VFP just got better and better.

Dave, how can I see a real live "Metro desktop"?  Is it by chance the new
Windows 8?
GT

On 14/11/12 00:57, Dave Crozier wrote:
> Eurico,
> The design mode I have in mind is to have the "Metro desktop" as free
> floating top form and using it to call other forms, which could be MDI in
> themselves. The thing about Metro is that it is only a "launcher" for the
> majority of apps anyway, but it looks sexy (if you are saddo geeks like us!)
> and will certainly become what end users expect, despite what we all say
> about M$.
>
> You could also get it to launch other VFP Apps from a stand alone "Metro
> Desktop", that way your current apps wouldn't need any changes at all.
>
> I have lots of ideas in the pipeline, if only to refresh some VFP apps here
> that I definitely DO NOT want to rewrite in C#!!
>
> Dave

[snip]